Rain-delay Virgin! (And other patterns of language)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Standard Update (poker and video games)

I suppose that it's time for another standard update. It's been a bit of a while since I've told you uninterested folk what I've been up to recently. Anyhooch, this weekend was a pretty good one, mostly spent with my brother, which means that I watched football and played video games. It was fun, but I definitely am looking forward to being forced out of my screen-ridden reality and into the stark nature of the big CO in the middle of buttsex nowhere. Obviously, I watched the Notre Dame football game, and it was probably the most I've ever actually yelled at a television screen when in the company of less than 5 people. I sent Brian a number of text messages throughout the game, mostly 'fuck yea' in response to times when ND would score a touchdown or get an interception. I didn't know what to send after the wretched end to the game...I thought about just sending 'fuck' instead. That probably would've been appropriate.

Also, I'm a Jedi, and I can kick your ass at revenge of the Sith. Probably. My brother, who is generally better or equal to me in talent when it comes to video games, could not, for the life of him, figure out how to beat me in the duel mode for Revenge of the Sith. It's a bit perplexing, since the game doesn't have a lot of intricate combos, and I definitely didn't use them very much...mostly just swinging the sabre with the quick/weak button. After a long time (I'm talking about 50 matches) he finally caught on, and I think I'm in a place where I'll beat him 3 out of 4 gameds (instead of 25 out of 26). The Broncos won, which was pretty sweet. They look to be pretty good this year, but I would imagine that their fate this year will be quite familiar: losing to Indianapolis in the playoffs. Maybe this year, though, they'll make it to the AFC championship game before that happens.

Last night I had a dream that I made out with Arianne...my college girlfriend. It was kinda weird, I can't really place where we were, though I think a couch was involved, and the making out wasn't very heavy. It was reminiscent of the first time we hooked up after we'd broken up, when we were on her bed and rolling around a bit and snuggling and she stuck her tongue in my mouth and then I kissed her and then she claimed I'd started it because she hadn't kissed me, just stuck her tongue in my mouth. Girls are weird. See. It's true. Don't argue. You know I'm right. So, anyway, that was sorta the kissing-level that was in the dream, somewhat restrained and awkward, especially since her Boyfriend was in the room, and he wasn't too happy about it. Whatever. He's a douche, and I could use some innocent ex-girlfriend love.

Punk.

Earlier tonight I wandered around downtown Austin, delivering fliers (sp?) for my friend/executive producer Jeannette for a documentary film that she worked on. It was kinda fun to slightly aimlessly walk around, trying to find various pre-assigned locales. It was interesting to actually be in bars that I would otherwise never consider entering. Many of them were strangely red-lit in that dark creepy way that I guess makes people want to get horny or buy beer or something. It's intriguing, but makes me feel kinda strange. Most importantly, however, it gave me an excuse to go into Coyote Ugly, where there was a thirty-something woman and a couple of hot barely-dresseders dancing on the bar. I glanced over at everyone else in the bar, and all eyes were on the leggy babies dancing, as though they were a football game or something. I guess people go there to get a bit of the strip-club feel without actually feeling like they're a strip-club guy. As I was leaving, the manager (slightly older, with bigggggg natural boobies) and one of the waitresses (whom I'd talk to before about where to put my fliers [no joke about putting things in flies, I promise] but I didn't notice how 'hot' [which means rather goddessian boob-to-stomach-to-hip-size ratio] she was until she got up to dance]). They did a slightly amusing/arousing quasi-lesberotic number to Adam Sandler's 'medium pace,' miming all of the pure wonderful things he describes in that song.

I see a lot of other blogs, and they're all hip with cute pictures and colorful links. I don't know if I can do that. I don't think I'm THAT kind of hipster. More like the one who doesn't exercise enough but still remains relatively thin. I need to exercise and eat better...I think my brain functions (and sleeping habits) would improve drastically. Luckily, I'll be forced into that situation soon.

Lastly, I've started a 'poetry project' on another blog. I don't really know where it's going, just the general gist of the method behind the poems. I'm a little disheartened since the quality of the poems has steadily decreased from the first one, in my opinion. And the first wasn't all that earth-shattering Need to exercise more and/or smokee weed to get the brain juices flowing as they should.

Just remembered. Had a weird moment today, sending off a 'give us money' packet to Carly's mom. Generally, we attach a small hand-written note to personalize things. It was a strange thing for me to write, and, to be honest, a bit emotional. It's really really weird how you can Think certain thoughts, or say them, or even Write them, and they dont' affect you, but when you're doing it in a way that's directly communicating with someone, the brain's on a different wavelength for some reason. I made mention off feeling regret that I hadn't seen her this past summer, and expressed gratitude for her being so warm to me when meeting her a year ago. She introduced herself as I was walking by (she had recognized me from pictures). I was somewhat dreading that moment, because Carly had recently 99% broken up with me, and I knew that her momma would be there. But her momma was so nice and sweet and warm that it didn't even cross my mind. I'd thought about being melodramatic in that moment, but I couldn't bring myself to do it... Somethin' about them Ritter women that makes it impossible to bring up any sort of unpositive emotion when you're in their presence. You can think and think and think about this and that you're going to say, this unfair, that unfair, yada yada bleck, but then you see 'em or hear 'em or even thind\k about 'em within a real-life paradigm, and the insides melt. Which is usually probably a good thing, since you're an emotional, hyper-logical, slightly disturbed guy who thinks too much. I thought about writing 'I suppose I wish you could've been a bigger part of my life' but didn't.

That's all for now. Gonna try to sleep. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

what you didn't realize is that every "fuck yea!" was followed by something BAD happening for the irish! way to celebrate too early... it's all YOUR FAULT YOU ASSHOLE.

7:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home