Rain-delay Virgin! (And other patterns of language)

Thursday, October 13, 2005

It's Been Decided...I think

I've figured out, mostly, what I'm going to be doing over the course of the next months. I'm about 90% sure that I'll take the Colorado Wilderness Therapy job, which begins November 1st. I finally talked to the dude , and he sounded quite cool. He had that good-person outdoorsy laidback friendliness in his voice that I love so well. I discussed with him my conflicts, and he seemed to be pretty flexible with working it out. You can tell that it's a difficult thing for him to find qualified candidates who are going to be staying around for a long period of time. I'm sure working in such an environment is a heck of a learning process, and that having a year of experience increases the value of a worker significantly, but these kinds of jobs tend to draw quasi-transients with college degrees like myself. He seemed very receptive to my inquiries about getting time-off for the movie shoot in January. So, as long as it's in January, I'm pretty sure I'll be there for at least most, if not all, of the shoot. December depends on the timing of it all. Otherwise, There's an aight possibility that I'll visit Austin sometime in December (and maybe november) as well. There's an airport in Montrose, so that might be an easy transition.

Is this post intended to be read by Brian so that he doesn't hate me? Yes:-) But I'm in a position where I can come close to having it both ways, and so I think I'm going to take that opportunity. I'm sad that I won't be able to bond with everyone involved with the production as much as I'd like to, but it doesn't take up a substantial enough portion of my time to replace the constantness and closeness that comes with the outdoor-ed experience. And I don't think there's a short-term job out there where I can have the same impact and gain as much. The other disappointment is that the train trip might be postponed indefinitely. But, really, let's face it, the whole idea behind that was just to give me an excuse to get out of the house and to have a method of trying to marry one or two beautiful women. I'll do it again sometime. Now my hope is that I get into the University of Oregon so I can traintrip it in late August. I still might be able to ditch the Colorado program and do it in May, but that might be a bit skeezy of me.

So, this means that I'll probably be leaving Austin later this month...25th or something like that. I need to have some time in Colorado to get things settled, get my car from Estes, sleep on the floor of poorartsyhipsters, and get half-acclimated before the training begins.

Anyway, for some reason I left my mac in the car, and this darn PC is already destroying my soul. Daggnabb-it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcia said...

yeah, there's a airport in Montrose, but there's an airport that actually goes places 45 minutes further, in Grand Junction. I've had a lot of frieds work with Alternative Youth Adventures, they've loved it! Do it!

6:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home