Rain-delay Virgin! (And other patterns of language)

Monday, October 10, 2005

Bad Poem

If I could've caught
All the thoughts that I thought
While I was walkin' down that road
deep in the trees,

I'd've written a couple novels,
maybe composed a pretty symphony
And told too many girls how much I loved them
in a way that made them all fall in love with me.

If I could've listened
to the voices in my head
arguing about Jesus and eternity,
I'd have the answers
to all of my questions
and all of your questions
could be answered by me.

If they didn't all just disappear
like air into air
like smoke in a wind,
or a hair in a stiff breeze
Then I'd be able to rule this whole world
with my understanding and poetry and deep sympathy.

If I could've caught
all the thoughts that I thought
walkin' down the road,
deep into the trees

Then I'd've told you
in just the right way
that I'll love you forever,
a trillion eternities,
and you'd do more than just laugh at me.
and you'd do more than just smile at me.
and you'd do more than just forget about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home